St Andrew’s College
Code of Conduct for Old Andreans attending Events
This Code of Conduct sets out the expectations of St Andrew’s College in regard to the conduct and behaviour of all Old Andreans and their partners when attending events hosted by St Andrew’s College.
St Andrew’s College values the considerable contributions made by Old Andreans and hopes that events such as Year Leaver Reunions and Old Andrean Club branch functions are thoroughly enjoyed by all attendees.
Old Andreans are encouraged to understand that their conduct and behaviour contributes to the reputation, both positive or negative, of St Andrew’s College and are therefore expected to conduct themselves in an appropriate and respectful manner.
By attending an event hosted by St Andrew’s College, Old Andreans acknowledge and agree to the following:
- All staff, pupils, parents, Old Andreans and visitors have the right to expect courteous behaviour. Old Andreans acknowledge that, at all times, they are fully responsible for their actions and behaviour during the course of the event.
- St Andrew’s College takes a zero-tolerance approach to any form of harassment occurring at its events and expects Old Andreans to treat each other, staff, parents, pupils and visitors with respect, courtesy and consideration.
- No Old Andrean shall subject anyone to any unwanted physical contact, whether that is simply an invasion of personal space or amounts to an assault.
- Old Andreans should at all times consume alcohol responsibly and only in designated venues. Drinking alcohol on the general campus grounds is prohibited. Old Andreans acknowledge that being under the influence of alcohol, drugs or otherwise intoxicated is not an excuse for lack of courtesy, rudeness, harassment or victimisation.
- Prohibited behaviour at events includes interference in school activities, damage to property, theft, verbal abuse, threats, intimidation, coercion, physical assault, or lewd behaviour.
- Where St Andrew’s College determines, at its sole discretion, that an Old Andrean at an event has demonstrated behaviour not in keeping with this Code of Conduct, the school reserves the right to impose any sanction it sees fit, including but not limited to eviction from the event and the imposition of a ban on future attendance at school events.
Thank you for your cooperation